Care and Use of Stoneware Pottery
- All of our stoneware is dishwasher safe.
- All of our stoneware is microwave safe.
- If you own any of our baking dishes, they are oven safe. The proper way to cook with handmade stoneware is to put the dish into a COLD oven. Preheat the oven with the pottery inside. Avoid extreme temperature shock, like taking a pie plate from the refrigerator and putting it in a 400 degree oven.
- Do not use stoneware on the stovetop. They can handle extreme heat, but the heat must be evenly distributed - like in an oven. The burner on a stovetop will crack your pottery.
- Avoid dropping your pottery onto a hard surface like a concrete floor. It WILL most likely break.